The Grey is an endless route lacking color that is found in all known areas of Toontown via unintentional glitches or bugs. Toons that somehow make their way into the Grey can travel forever and hardly find anything.
- In Toontown Online, a few sections of streets had fences that Toons could simply collide through. The playground of Donald's Dock also had fences lacking collision.
- Professor Prepostera published a blog post introducing his research on the Grey. In a later blog post, he described the Grey as an unnatural place and an outstanding creative approach but a pesky way to bypass security in Cog facilities.
- If a Toon jumps while traveling in the Grey, they would hover mid-air in a jumping pose but would still be able to walk normally until they come into contact with a surface.
- The sky or background related to the respective area from where a Toon is located can still be seen while in the Grey.
- Inside a Toon's house, the Grey is green but reverts back to its intended color once the Toon opens and closes their Shticker Book.
- Traveling very far into the Grey causes animations and parts of Toon models to snap between values due to insufficient decimal precision, making them appear "distorted".
A Toon looking into the Grey from a street in Minnie's Melodyland.
A Cog Building elevator disappearing at a street in Donald's Dock, thus allowing a Toon to access the Grey.