A ToonTask is a quest in which Toons can complete to reach an incentive, offered by various NPCs. ToonTasks can consist of many different objectives like defeating Cogs, delivering items or gags to shopkeepers, or going fishing.
Tasklines are how Toontown Rewritten's storyline is incorporated into the game and contain numerous ToonTasks that are required for Toons to complete. Listed below is the order of locations that Toons advance to while completing tasklines, along with another list of taskline guides.
- Toontown Central
- Donald's Dock
- Daisy Gardens / Sellbot Headquarters
- Minnie's Melodyland
- The Brrrgh
- Donald's Dreamland
- Cashbot Headquarters
- Lawbot Headquarters
- Bossbot Headquarters
- Sellbot Task Force Hideout1
- Toontown Central ToonTasks
- Donald's Dock ToonTasks
- Daisy Gardens ToonTasks
- Minnie's Melodyland ToonTasks
- The Brrrgh ToonTasks
- Donald's Dreamland ToonTasks (includes Cashbot Cog Disguise)
- Lawbot Cog Disguise
- Bossbot Cog Disguise
- Sellbot Task Force ToonTasks2
"Just for Fun!" ToonTasks
As the name implies, "Just for Fun!" ToonTasks are optional and are not required for completion, though they offer extra rewards such as jellybeans, clothing tickets, and cheesy effects. "Just for Fun!" ToonTasks can be deleted via the Shticker Book but progress is eliminated once they are deleted.
- Main page: Silly Reader
A particular ToonTask that Toons can complete awards the Silly Reader, a tool that allows them to keep track of Silly Meter statistics. Toons must have at least 30 laff and/or have a level 4 gag before they can speak to any Loony Labs Scientoon in Toon Hall to obtain the ToonTask.
April Toons Week
- Main page: Fluffy's ToonTasks
- Main page: Cartoonival ToonTasks
- Main page: Trick-or-treating
Trick-or-treating is a special activity that occurs during Halloween where Toons can obtain a limited-time ToonTask from Jack O' Kazam that awards the Pumpkin Head. The ToonTask involves visiting the pumpkins and saying "Trick or Treat!" to them, which grants 200 jellybeans per visit. Upon revisiting Jack O' Kazam, he awards Toons with the final set of jellybeans and the Pumpkin Head.
- Main page: Booregard's ToonTask
Between October 29th and November 1st during Halloween, Toons can visit Booregard to obtain their limited-time ToonTask that awards a Bloodsucker Cog Summons. Cat Toons also have a choice to become a temporary or permanent Black Cat.
- Main page: Caroling
Caroling is a special activity that occurs during the Winter Holiday where Toons can obtain a limited-time ToonTask from Snowman that awards the Snowman Head. The ToonTask involves visiting the Snowtoons and singing carols to them, which grants 200 jellybeans per visit. Upon revisiting Snowman, he awards Toons with the final set of jellybeans and the Snowman Head.
- Main page: Holly Daze's ToonTask
Between December 21st and December 24th, Toons can visit Holly Daze to obtain her limited-time ToonTask that awards Santa's Bag. Deer Toons also have a choice to earn a temporary or permanent red nose.
- Main page: Paula Behr's ToonTask
Between December 24th and December 26th during the Winter Holiday, Toons can visit Paula Behr to obtain her limited-time ToonTask that awards a Cold Caller Cog Summons. Bear Toons also have a choice to become a temporary or permanent Polar Bear.
Certain ToonTasks instruct to recover various specific items by defeating Cogs or going fishing. The table below shows terms and percentages that the ToonTasks may have.
- If a Toon does not like the ToonTask that an HQ Officer provided to them, they can try speaking to other HQ Officers, since each HQ Officer typically has different sets of ToonTasks to offer. ToonTasks also change on an hourly basis.
- If a Toon knows which NPC is providing their next ToonTask, they may visit them to begin the ToonTask, which is a method that helps avoid repetitive visits to Toon Headquarters after every completed ToonTask. For example, if a Toon knows that the next NPC they must speak to is Lil Oldman, they can simply visit him instead of visiting an HQ Officer first.