Operation: Crash Cashbot Headquarters was a major event that commenced on May 2, 2019, and ended on May 31, 2019. After uncovering a highly classified Cog memo with mentions of a "C.F.O. Project", Lord Lowden Clear and the Toon Resistance initiated an operation to put a stop to the Cogs' plans by invading Cashbot Headquarters.
Crashing Cashbot Headquarters
At the heart of Cashbot Headquarters, the Toon Resistance managed to secure their own "Resistance Outpost" comprised of gag barrels and plenty of jokes after sabotaging Cashbot Headquarters. The entire headquarters was covered with graffiti and Cashbot freight trains were destroyed.
Near the Resistance Outpost, Toons could find Lord Lowden Clear and several Resistance Rangers such as Rocky, Loopy Loopenloop, Bulletin Belle, and Cassie Peppercakes, as well as gag suppliers of Goofy's Gag Shop across the headquarters.
Toon Resistance ToonTasks
Toon Resistance ToonTasks arrived to offer exclusive rewards that Toons could not obtain at any other time. Toons could complete the limited-time ToonTasks to earn all sorts of rewards including double gag experience, Cogbucks, Promotion Assist unites, five-star Fire SOS cards from Lord Lowden Clear, and exclusive clothing and accessories.
The Toon Resistance expected Toons to complete their ToonTasks in due time to ensure that the operation could be successful. Once their takeover of Cashbot Headquarters concluded on May 31, 2019, the ToonTasks expired and Toons were unable to claim their rewards.
Battle against the Chief Financial Officer
Toons of any laff without their own Cashbot Cog Disguise received a Cashbot Rental Suit to infiltrate the Cashbot Vault and battle the Chief Financial Officer. Some Toon Resistance ToonTasks also involved helping a certain number of Rental Toons defeat the Chief Financial Officer.
|The Toon Resistance intercepted a Cog memo months prior. Lord Lowden Clear publishes a blog post unveiling the initial Cog memo, along with two other Cog memos, and enlists the help of Toons to decrypt them.
|Thanks to the help of Toons, Whispering Willow publishes a blog post the next day, unveiling the decrypted Cog memo. The Cog memo describes a top-secret project by the Cogs called the "C.F.O. Project" that is said to counter the increase in jellybean values compared to Cog currency. Highly confidential assets are shipped via Cashbot freight trains to Cashbot Headquarters and the Cogs expect Toons to not interfere.
|Operation: Crash Cashbot Headquarters begins. The update included:
|Minor fixes and/or tweaks to Operation: Crash Cashbot Headquarters were released. Release notes were shown in Bulletin Belle's blog post.
|Minor fixes and/or tweaks to Operation: Crash Cashbot Headquarters were released. Release notes were shown in Lord Lowden Clear's blog post.
- Operation: Crash Cashbot Headquarters was first teased at ReplayFX 2018 with a trailer preview once attendees completed a scavenger hunt that involved finding pieces of the Cog memo.
- Atop the pillar opposite the Dollar Mint elevator in Cashbot Headquarters, a random bear and deer NPC were seen playing rock-paper-scissors. With each game, the bear would lose and the deer would start dancing.
- Some lines of dialogue in a Toon Resistance ToonTask from Bulletin Belle that had an overview on the Chief Financial Officer's bank statement made an indirect reference to the Executive Office Tower when it was discovered that the Chief Financial Officer had plans to purchase golf clubs and visit Bossbot Headquarters.
- Operation: Crash Cashbot Headquarters came with an incredible case of irony, as many clues suggested that the "C.F.O. Project" did not imply the Chief Financial Officer. Towards the end of the operation, Lord Lowden Clear stated that no Cashbot had any insight on the project.
- It was later revealed in Joining Forces: Part 2 that "C.F.O." stood for "Cog Field Office".
- During Operation: Crash Cashbot Headquarters, an Easter egg involving traffic lights on either side of the train tracks were seen blinking. In actuality, the lights were displaying secret messages in Morse code. The exchanged conversation between the green light and the red light seemed to imply that Toons were taking down the wrong "C.F.O. Project".
A Bean Counter approaching a disguised Trolley box during Operation: Crash Cashbot Headquarters.
The Toon Resistance's newest Ranger recruiter, Bulletin Belle.
The Toon Resistance's newest gag expert, Cassie Peppercakes.
The Toon Resistance's word-loving wizard and analyst, Loopy Loopenloop.
The Toon Resistance's most decorated and experienced Ranger as well as Lowden's personal right-hand Toon, Rocky.
Lord Lowden Clear and the Resistance Rangers in front of the Cashbot Vault's doors.
The all-new rewards.
Lord Lowden Clear and the Resistance Rangers on the final day of the operation.
A Community Spotlight showing various community artworks of Operation: Crash Cashbot Headquarters.